Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordmt1997325
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2019

Dr. Nitish Jhawar is answering questions related to Appendicitis in Times of India

1Q. My 15 yrs. old had sudden severe pain in his abdomen last night I gave him some medicine he felt better but now complaining pain in right side abdomen my GP feels its may be appendicitis is it correct?

A. The classical pain in appendicitis starts in the whole abdomen and then it shifts to right side if the pain is persisting the blood test and sonography will help clinch the diagnosis.

2Q. In a diagnosed case of appendicitis is surgery mandatory?

A. If the signs Uomo Nike Air Max 270 Chiaro Bone Scontate , symptoms and investigations are suggestive of acute appendicitis then surgery is the only treatment and it should be done as early as possible .

3Q. my daughter is 22 admitted with right sided pain in a hospital the Sonography is not showing appendicitis but pain and fever are there can we do something to be sure about the diagnosis?

A. Sonography is a first line investigation specially in females as it rules out ovarian problems which may cause similar pain, CT scan of the abdomen in almost conclusive in such cases & is highly recommended.

4Q. is Laparoscopy safe for appendectomy or should I go for open surgery?

A. Laparoscopy has a definite advantage over open surgery as we can examine the whole abdomen by moving camera inside the abdomen, moreover the tip of appendix is not fixed in its location so almost all types of appendix may be tackled in this way. open surgery may be required if anatomy inside is not clear or if there is a lump formation due to a neglected appendicular infection.

5Q. my colleague underwent appendectomy but was in hospital for 15 day post surgery with a tube coming out of his abdomen Uomo Nike Air Max 270 Hot Punch Scontate ,is it normal to have such a long recovery time?

A. Acute appendicitis is a surgical emergency if the appendix is blocked due to hardened fecal matter called fecalith it may rupture leading to infection called peritonitis if neglected for long then it may take longer to heal and patient may suffer more like your colleague .

6Q. I have been advised laparoscopy appendectomy by my surgeon how soon I can resume my daily routine following that?

A. Laparoscopy appendectomy is a safe simple and quick surgery, but a lot depends on the condition of the appendix, in a standard case it is just one day stay in the hospital and one can resume within 3 to 5 days.

7Q. I am little scared to lose a part of my body will I have long term digestion problem?

A. Appendix is a vestigial organ so it doesn鈥檛 have any function in human body its removal will not have any long term effect on digestion per se.

Total Views: 70Word Count: 452See All articles From Author

THE wife of a Chinese player showed her husband a “red card” yesterday for playing away Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit Marrone Scontate , claiming that spending too much time with his mistress led to his embarrassing gaffe in a crucial World Cup qualifier.

Jiang Zhipeng, a Guangzhou R&F left-back, had a disastrous performance in Tehran against Iran on Tuesday Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit Army Verde Nere Scontate , when his header went to the rival player that led to the only goal of the match.

Jiang’s wife revealed on social media that he had recently filed for divorce.

“For nearly three-and-a-half years out of our four-year marriage, he was sleeping with other women and now he is trying to drive me to an early grave,” Zhang Zhiyue wrote.

She posted photos of Jiang snuggling with his alleged mistress Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit Nere Arancio Scontate , and asked the Chinese football association and the sports bureau of Guangdong province to “expel” him from football.

"

BEIJING, June 16 (Xinhua) -- Chinese scientists have used a biomaterial ""scaffolds"" to treat spinal cord injuries, the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) announced on Thursday.

Acute, complete spinal cord injury patients have been implanted with collagen-based scaffold developed by Chinese scientists for neuroregeration and are recovering well.

In spinal cord injury cases, neurons are damaged, resulting in a loss of sensation and muscle function. At present, there are more than two million people in China with spinal cord injuries, and the figure increases by 100,000 each year.
    tt Cowboys Jersey