Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.

If you don't have an account, apply for one now.

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsooo
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2019

Adidas has unveiled its latest UltraBOOST and UltraBOOST X running shoes, which the sports giant claims "push the boundaries" of running technology to provide the "ultimate running experience".

Engineered for better movement, precision and fit, the fresh trainers' design is based on previous models, such as ventilation holes of the original UltraBOOST (which return across the foot’s key sweat zones of the cage and forefoot) Adidas ZX 750 Femme combined with a newly developed PrimeKnit composition. This apparently refers to a reduced stretch design so runners Nike Epic React Flyknit Mujer will experience a better fit and additional support.

The new UltraBOOST design also features a high-tech Fit Counter which is integrated into the heel of the shoe to enable free movement of the Achilles tendon, providing runners with improved adaptability, cushioning and energy return, Adidas said.

Adidas' other new shoe, the UltraBOOST X, is aimed at women and inspired by Adidas' UltraBOOST Uncaged product as well as the adizero Sub2 running silhouette, in which the cage and support features have moved to the inside to give the shoe a sleeker aesthetic.

"Fusing this aesthetic with modern, female-specific design features, including the Adaptive Arch, which permits the PrimeKnit Upper to mold to any foot whilst moving Nike Air Presto Heren in sync with the wearer’s running style, the UltraBOOST X guarantees style and function," Adidas explained. "The Nike Air Max Jewell Femme integration of a purposely sculpted BOOST midsole compliments the Adaptive Arch design, allowing the elements to work together to provide enhanced support and cushioning."

The UltraBOOST is available in two different colors for men and women. The UltraBOOST X is available in grey and comes with a blue heel counter.

The launch comes not long after Adidas celebrated five years of its UltraBOOST shoe tech. To celebrate the occasion, the company released an updated Energy BOOST shoe in its original black and yellow colorway as part of an anniversary pack.

When I picked up my Adidas Ultra Boost Uncaged, there was a few colourways available but I was drawn towards the burgundy colourway. The shoe's upper is burgundy with navy Nike Air Max 2017 Mujer also threaded into it. The shoe also features Adidas’ three stripes on the toe of the shoe in a material Asics Gel Lyte 3 Damen that's plastic like, which is also used for the eyelets. The plastic heel cup is navy with ultra boost written in silver. Adidas have released a lot of other colourways of the ultra boost uncaged (all selling out in minutes), such as the collaboration with the brand parley. The parley ultra boost uncaged collaboration was all white and featured recycled plastic from the ocean as the heel cup. In my opinion, they are the nicest ones they have made to date and I wish I was able to get them before they sold out.

When I first put my feet into the ultra boost uncaged, I knew straight away that these were going to be as or even more comfortable than my other pair of ultra boosts. The new and updated version of the primeknit gave a more snug, sock like fit than I was expecting. The shoe is like a compression sock attached to a cloud. It's Nike Air Huarache Femme so comfortable.The shoes feel very durable and if they’re anything like my previous pair, I won’t be needing to get a new pair anytime soon. I haven't been able to properly test them in wet conditions, however I wore them as a lifestyle shoe on a rainy day, and my socks stayed nice and dry.

The main reason people buy this shoe and other adidas products is Boost. When a shoe uses rocket science, you have to be intrigued. Adidas Boost technology allows you to have a very comfortable ride, but may not give you the support and stability some runners need. However, Adidas have other running shoes that feature boost and that are more stable or, better suited to different running styles.The shoe has Boost which is different to the Yeezy Boost or NMD range. Adidas put different amount of Boost in each model according to what they are meant Nike Air Vapormax Damen for. For example, Adidas NMD’s are meant as a lifestyle shoe. I’m lucky enough to have the original model and they are a comfortable shoe although when I first put them on I was disappointed as I assumed the Boost technology would be the same as my ultra boost. Unfortunately I’m not lucky enough to own a pair of Yeezy Boost’s although, I have tried a pair on and they are very close to an Ultra Boots comfort.